1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
We call ourselves Prospect! The former bassist Frode suggested it at band practice and we thought it was cooler than the current name "Varied" so we went with it.
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
Kenneth Lyng Myrslo - Vocals
Odd Peder Hoem Kaldal - Drums
Eivind Haldorsen - Guitar
Andreas Bye Pedersen - Bass
Tom Ståle Prestmo - Guitar
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
We would fill it with karsk (coffee and moonshine) and then we would invite all of our fans to the gig of a lifetime
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
After work we meet up at the rehearsal space and jam for a bit until we find a cool idea for a song, and then we make that song baller. We also fight like an old polyamorous married couple a lot, but we still love the shit out of each other.
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
Our last show was in November at the Emergenza Festival competition where we placed 3rd in the Norwegian qualifications round. Our next show was gonna be the 1st of May, but right now that looks bleak due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
6. What are some of the best pranks you as bandmates have pulled on each other?
We don't do any pranks, we get all of our enjoyment from being rude to each other instead. It's just so much fun calling your best friends shitheads.
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
After we released our debut album - Rock 'N' Roll Beats & Electric Guitars - we had a few changes to the roster. So naturally our sound is gonna change a little bit due to that, but it's still gonna rock the living shit out of your ear brains.
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
There's no greater feeling than playing our songs live and seeing people sing along and enjoy our show! It might sound a little bit cliché but it's the goddamn truth!
Our least favorite part of this line of work is the long wait before we go on stage.
9. If you were a super-hero, what would your power be?
My super power would be:
The ability to talk to Squirrels - Tom
Teleportation - Odd
Time travel and immortality - Kenneth
The ability to manipulate probability - Eivind Telekinesis - Andreas
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Find some friends and figure out what music you would like to make. Then you make whatever YOU thinks sounds cool. If you think it's cool, chances are someone else is gonna think that too. Just do it and don't be afraid to try. Don't let anyone stand in your way.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
Glamour of the Kill (Andreas)
Infant Annihilator (Tom)
12. What is the craziest thing you have ever received from a fan?
We played a gig in Plzen, Czech Republic with a band that called themselves INCEST. Their vocalist used a drumstick to bang on an oil barrel and it broke. After the gig he gifted us this broken drumstick. Now it has become our ritual to touch the stick in unison before every gig we play. It is known as the Lucky Stick
13. What song means the most to you and why?
Plug 'N' Play. It was the first song we made together and the song is about our journey to the stage. The song describes our mantra as a band. We will never give up and we'll keep plugging in our instruments and keep playing music to all of our amazing fans.
14. How can people gain access to your music?
You can find us on Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and everything there is! You can also buy a physical copy directly from us. Just hit us up on any of our social media platforms and we'll send one to you.
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
We absolutely love rocking with our fans, and we hope we can keep on rocking with our old and new fans in the future!
Check out their latest video!