1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
GH. We are One In The Chamber, a dirty rock & roll band straight from the heart of Toronto! The name is all about recognizing you only get one shot and making it the most you can.
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
MB. Mike Biase - vocals/guitar
GH. Gerrod Harris - drums
CE. Cecil Eugene - lead guitar
CD. Christian Dotto - bass
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
MB. Orbeez. I saw it in a video once and it looked amazing.
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
GH. Some emails, some coffee, some practice, some more coffee, and ideally, a show
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
GH. Our last show was on February 1st at The Bout festival and competition at The Hideout in Toronto. For the time being, unfortunately, but understandably so, all future shows are remaining tentative.
6. What are some of the best pranks you as band mates have pulled on each other?
MB. We went to the McDonald's drive-thru once after practice, Gerrod and I in one car, Cecil and Christian in the car behind. Gerrod and I ordered a ridiculous amount of food, and when we got to the window we told them we were in a convoy with the car behind us, and that they were going to cover the cost of the meal. They asked us to pull into a “waiting” spot about 3-4 metres ahead so they could receive payment from the car behind first, and we were in the perfect spot to see Christian’s face when he realized what we’d done. That food tasted so good. I don’t know if that’s the best prank but it’s one of my favorites.
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
MB. We started the band by bringing in ideas and songs that we had written individually, and that is what most of our first EP is composed of. As the band grew, we started writing more of our songs together by coming up with licks or lyrics and then working new songs into those ideas. At practice one of us will bring in a new idea or play something new and if we hear something we shape it and go from there.
GH. It’s a much more organic and collaborative process that gets the four of us writing.
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
GH. It blows me away when we hear ourselves in the studio, and every recording leaves me insanely proud of ourselves, but the best part has got to be looking out from behind the kit to a crowded room of people looking to drink, party, and sing our songs with us. There is nothing quite like the energy on the stage when the four of us get together.
9. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
MB. I’d like to be able to manipulate temperature so I could keep a drink hot/cold until I was finished. I think that would be practical for crime fighting too.
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
MB. Listen to the drummer.
GH. Do your best to stay on top of the learning curve - its steep and seemingly always changing - look at every opportunity, don’t be afraid to make your own opportunities, and hustle. Hard.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
MB. Jimmy Page, Tom Waits, John Lennon,
GH. Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin, Guns N’ Roses, Prince, Bowie
12. What is the craziest thing you've ever received from a fan?
GH. Shoutout to Crazy Vince for asking us to sign his chest after a show a couple years back!
13. What song means the most to you and why?
MB. “Itchin’ Back” was the first song to make it onto a major Toronto radio station and that was really exciting for me.
GH. “Bills It Pay” had a lot of firsts being our first video and the first single from I’ve Got Something To Say… - it was also the first song Cecil, Mike, and I ever jammed on, but I think I’d have to go with our new single, “Blow”. It’s a kick ass record and one of my favorite songs to play live.
14. How can people gain access to your music?
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Check out their latest video!