1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
The short version is that we all think dogs are awesome and we discovered the pretty incredible Lyrebird from Australia that can create a crazy complex call based on whatever it hears. Since we all have a varied taste in music and draw from many styles in our songs we thought it would be cool to name our band after a hybrid of these two animals. Plus it seemed a fairly unique google search result!
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
- Terry Yow - Vocals
- Max Moujaes - Guitar
- Sam Hargraves - Drums
- Pedro Acker - Bass
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
Obviously pizza. No pineapple.
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
Right now with the Corona Virus restrictions we’re doing a lot of Skype calls and rehearsing on our own! An average day would involve us heading to our practice space after our day jobs to blow off steam and play some loud music. We’re a new band and just really getting started so a lot of what we do is writing, rehearsing, and learning covers to play at our initial shows.
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
Our last show was at the Spinning Top in Stockport in February. We had a run of gigs booked for March/April but understandably they have had to be postponed in this current climate.
6. What are some of the best pranks you as bandmates have pulled on each other?
We’re British so most of our pranks revolve around the making of tea and the disproportionate distribution of biscuits and cake.
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
We’ve got a lot more focused and streamlined in terms of bringing together our ideas. We’ve worked out we write best when we’re together so we try as much as possible to start out ideas as a group and listen to each other and build it from there. TLDR we used to be much more polite to each other about ideas but now we’re way more comfortable telling each other how we really feel about that new riff!!
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
Loud noises, loud drums, and big riffs. Least favourite currently would be the Corona Virus, otherwise just general load in load out of equipment but it’s a great way to stay in shape!
9. If you were a super-hero, what would your power be?
The ability to delete pineapple from pizza menus.
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Don’t do it. Be a solo artist. In all seriousness it’s like any relationship, it all comes down to effective communication which takes time to work on and develop as a group.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
Klayton (Celldweller), Gavin Harrison, Hayley Williams, Zedd, Richard Thompson, Hiromi, Mikael Åkerfeldt
12. What is the craziest thing you have ever received from a fan?
An instagram message. Currently this is the best we’ve got!
13. What song means the most to you and why?
I would say our favourite song that we’ve released is Royal on Your Terms (because it’s the only one we’ve released so far!), however collectively our favourite songs that we’ve written are yet to be released!
14. How can people gain access to your music?
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
Check out their latest video!