1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
FERAL SUN – The name was founded in Pretoria, South Africa and was a name that fit the music, as the band started to head towards a heavier sound. Mick’s first band was called Wild Child and needed to change as there was a “Doors” tribute band going by that name.
Feral Sun describes the raw emotion and the energy as if fueled by the “Sun” itself, and also a reminder of where it all began!
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
Mick Burns – Vocals / Guitar
Jay Stephenson – Drums
Andrea Murgia – Bass / Backing Vocals
Mark Hosri – Lead Guitar
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
Beer….a whole lotta Beer!
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
Well no matter what we’re doing, we either playing music, writing music, listening to music or working out beats and lyrics in our heads while we do our work, that pays those dreaded bills.
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
Our last show was at Dublin Castle in Camden, London and our next show if allowed to go ahead is on the 26th Sept at Dollfest 7 at The Dolls House in Wales.
6. What are some of the best pranks you as band mates have pulled on each other?
Well not so much pranks but, some of the messages that we send have been funny but, unfortunately will have to leave that up to your imagination ;)
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
We have stuck to the sound that we love and listened to our fans who have let us know how much they love what we are doing.
We have tried not to move to far away from what we wrote on our debut album “Evacuate” but, we think we have written our new tracks with more intensity, a new energy and different emotions!
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
We love everything from Recording, Writing, Playing Live, meeting old and new fans and making new friends in bands along the way.
Least favorite will be the dark side of the Music industry! It’s filled with Con’s, Dodgy promoters or labels that give empty promises that sometimes could end up with heartache
9. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
Definitely Flying, as I would love to see the world.
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Make sure you are ready for the ride of your life. Prepare yourself for some of the best and worst moments in your life. Be sure to never give up and just be yourself.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
Well some are unfortunately are not with us anymore but to name but a few.
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) – Mark Tremonti (Creed/Alter Bridge) – Shaun Morgan (Seether) – Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) – Dave Grohl (Nirvana/ Foo Fighters)
12. What is the craziest thing you've ever received from a fan?
Definitely has to be the two Roll out Stage banners with our Album “Evacuate” artwork printed on it.
13. What song means the most to you and why?
“Breathe” – I wrote and dedicated this song to my Mom who sadly lost her battle with cancer in 2012. I lost my Dad 3 months later and then recorded our album soon after that, so it was a roller coaster of emotions in the recording studio. Although the pain will never go away, I have made Peace and hearing that it’s still being played on radio or getting feedback from the crowd when we play it live, makes me think she is smiling down and warms my heart!
14. How can people gain access to your music?
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
We just want to say to our fans that we love you all, and as soon as we have the go ahead, we will be seeing you very soon!!
Check out their latest video!