1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
Dream Awake, originates from the name of a track by Australian band Northlane.
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
Currently with lock-down, we are regularly having Zoom calls to discuss band plans and write music/share ideas remotely. We all have day jobs outside of the band but when we are not doing music or working, we all have an avid interest in gaming, and sports like football and UFC.
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
Our last shows were supporting The Contortionist in Dublin and Belfast last August. Our next show planned is HALLOWEEN in Southampton. Hopefully we can get back to performing as soon as possible when it is safe to do so!
6. What are some of the best pranks you as band mates have pulled on each other?
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
The band itself has evolved greatly since its inception, but we feel we are in the strongest position we’ve ever been musically. It’s transitioned from pop punk and metal-core influence to having more progressive and melodic elements.
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
Getting to connect with people, including fans and bands, all over the world through our own music on social platforms and when touring
9. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
I would be able to work while I sleep. That way I could do my actual job while I'm asleep and then have more time for music and things that are actually fun.
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Create music because you are passionate about it. Ensure you are also forming a band with people who have the same goals and are prepared to make the band a priority when it matters most. Knowing everyone's intentions and ideas is key to a healthy working relationship and allows you to enjoy the music.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
Northlane, The Amity Affliction, Thornhill, Biffy Clyro (to name a few)
12. What is the craziest thing you've ever received from a fan?
William received a Valentines card from a promoter.
13. What one of your song means the most to you and why?
‘Obsession’ would mean the most to me personally. It’s one of the few songs I have written completely from a personal perspective. I am generally a positive person but it allows me to express some of the issues I deal with on a regular basis.
14. How can people gain access to your music?
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
Once we are able to tour again, we have every intention of getting to a city near you to play a show, and we can’t wait.