1. What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name?
Maurice: We're called Black Lilium. Our name has no real meaning behind it. We just wanted something that was suited for our style of music.
2. What are your names, nicknames and corresponding instruments?
Jan Knoop – Drums
Marcel Wroblewski – Guitar
Maurice Scholz – Guitar
Lasse Lammert – Bass
Felix Hochkeppel – Vocals
3. If you could fill a pool with anything but water, what would it be?
Maurice: Good question. I'd say money but of course that went into band stuff so instead we'd choose all the leftovers from Jan's sticks that are lying around his drum set. Seriously Jan clean that shit up ;)
4. What’s an average day like for the band?
Maurice: Well that's hard to answer as we are just semi professionals and Black Lilium is not our job or anything. Currently we are preparing for a video shoot. There are also a lot of interviews we have the honor of answering so that keeps us occupied.
5. Where/When was your last show, when/where is your next show?
Maurice: We haven't played any shows so far. We are in preparation for upcoming gigs but I can't name a specific date.
6. What are some of the best pranks you as band mates have pulled on each other?
Marcel: Not with Black Lilium but I once played with someone who constantly had the need to go full nude. While on tour we stayed at a hotel and suddenly from our room we could hear crazy laughter out of the foyer. We were curious and went to investigate. There he was of course butt naked and in the middle of imitating old Greek statues.
7. How has your music evolved since you first began playing together?
Maurice: Our vocals did a 180. With our first vocalist Sven Dose we had a much darker tone. Kinda like Type O Negative or Paradise Lost. Felix is the exact opposite. Upbeat and catchy.
8. What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite?
Maurice: My favorite part is bringing to life what is at your heart. You ever felt like wanting to say something but don't know how? Music can make it possible. Our least favorite part is keeping everything together. Being able to organize everything for yourself is great but with it comes a butt-load of work that can be overwhelming sometimes.
9. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
Maurice: Telekinesis. Comes in handy when you need to lift a heavy rig and everyone mysteriously vanishes. Alternatively invisibility to mysteriously vanish when someone needs you to lift a heavy rig ;)
10. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
Maurice: Make sure everyone is working towards the same goals from the beginning. I've seen so many bands break up because members had different ideas in what direction the band should go or no plan at all.
11. Who are some of your favorite musicians?
Maurice: I love Ryan Knight (ex Black Dahlia Murder, ex Arsis). He was a big influence to me. He was making rockabilly solos work in melodic death metal. How cool is that? I also listen to Scandroid a lot recently. For those of you who don't know him he is better known for his other project Celldweller.
12. What is the craziest thing you've ever received from a fan?
Marcel: We haven't received anything crazy yet but if you have something then by all means hit us up.
13. What song means the most to you and why?
Maurice: One of the songs I'll definitely will forever cherish is In The End from Linkin Park. It is my favorite song from my first album ever.
14. How can people gain access to your music?
15. If you had one thing to say to all your fans, what would it be?
Maurice: In this day and age where everything comes and goes in a blink of a moment we deeply appreciate that it was our music that could reach you and that it was us you stayed for. Keep being awesome and hopefully we'll play for you one day.
Check out their latest video!